Mozilla has launched Firefox 79 on July 28th, 2020, to the Steady desktop channel for Home windows, macOS, and Linux with minor enhancements and bug fixes.
This launch is minimal, with only some bug fixes and enhancements. Essentially the most noteworthy change is that you could export saved login credentials to a CSV file that may then be imported into different password managers.
A brand new Enhanced Monitoring Safety 2.zero characteristic was presupposed to have been launched with Firefox 79, however Mozilla seems to have pulled the characteristic earlier than launch.
Home windows, Mac, and Linux desktop customers can improve to Firefox 79 by going to Choices -> Assist -> About Firefox and the browser will mechanically examine for the brand new replace and set up it when accessible.
With the discharge of Firefox 79, all different Firefox growth branches have additionally moved up a model bringing Firefox Beta to model 79 and the Nightly builds to model 80.
You’ll be able to obtain Firefox 79 from the next hyperlinks:
If the above hyperlinks have not but been up to date for Firefox 78, you too can manually obtain it from Mozilla’s FTP launch listing.
Under you could find an inventory of the key modifications and enhancements in Firefox 78, however for many who want to learn the total launch notes, you are able to do so right here.
You will get the record of all safety vulnerabilities addressed in Firefox 79 right here.
Export saved login credentials from Lockwise
With this launch, Mozilla has made it so you may export login credentials saved within the built-in Lockwise password supervisor.
After exporting the passwords, they are going to be saved as a CSV file, and when opened, can be seen in plain textual content.
This CSV file can then be used to import your credentials into a unique password supervisor or used as an offline backup.
Different bug fixes, enhancements, and developer modifications
- We’ve rolled out WebRender to extra Home windows customers with Intel and AMD GPUs, bringing improved graphics efficiency to a good bigger viewers.
- Firefox customers in Germany will now see extra Pocket suggestions of their new tab that includes a few of the greatest tales on the internet. When you don’t see them, you may activate Pocket articles in your new tab by following these steps.
- A number of crashes whereas utilizing a display reader had been mounted, together with a steadily encountered crash when utilizing the JAWS display reader.
- Firefox Developer Instruments acquired vital fixes permitting display reader customers to learn from a few of the instruments that had been beforehand inaccessible.
- SVG title and desc components (labels and descriptions) at the moment are accurately uncovered to assistive know-how merchandise akin to display readers.
- A lot of bug fixes and new insurance policies have been applied within the newest model of Firefox. You’ll be able to see extra particulars within the Firefox for Enterprise 79 Launch Notes.
- Updates to the password coverage enable admins to require a major password (previously known as grasp password. Beforehand the coverage might disable the first password however not power a major password. Customers required to make use of a major password will solely be requested to create a major password the primary time they attempt to save a password.
- Newly added asynchronous name stacks let builders hint their async code by occasions, timeouts, and guarantees. The async execution chains are proven within the Debugger’s name stack, but in addition for stack traces in Console errors and Community initiators.
- Inaccurate community responses with 4xx/5xx standing codes show as errors within the Console, making it simple to know them within the context of associated logs. The request/response particulars may be expanded or resent for fast debugging.
- Opening SCSS and CSS-in-JS sources from the Inspector now works extra reliably because of improved supply map dealing with throughout all panels.
- Inspecting accessibility properties from the browser context menu is now accessible to all customers by default.