Tier4Hosting offers advanced Virtual Private Servers services that make it possible to establish a virtual server that combines the advantages of a shared hosting environment with the advantages of a dedicated server, all at lower costs compared to the maintenance and operation of a dedicated physical server.
Tier4Hosting’s VPS programs are rich with features, include management and control tools for maximal power and flexibility, and allow complete control over the server, with Tier4Hosting being responsible for the condition and maintenance of the hardware.
The VPS servers are based on Intel 5540 processors that run on advanced servers, in order to provide the necessary computing power and speed.
VPS servers make it possible to:
- Host and manage multiple websites on one server – the Plesk packages.
- Configure the server according to the customer’s demands and install dedicated applications for internet sites (programs, multimedia files, databases and commercial applications).
- Run applications such as Terminal Servers, Active Directory, and more.
- Better control the hosting environment.
The main advantages of Tier4Hosting’s VPS services are:
- Insulation – each VPS operates in an insulated environment, and its performance is not affected by other customers on the same server.
- Independent management by the customer – a dedicated web interface enables the user to back up, restore, restart, recover, and even reinstall a VPS with no need for technical support.
- Backup and restore – managing backups independently. Quick restore of the entire VPS is possible with no technical support intervention.
VPS has a web-based management panel that includes recovery and administration tools. Using the management panel, VPS users can easily perform many management tasks:
- VPS Start/Stop/Reboot – starting, stopping, and rebooting the VPS.
- VPS Services Management – managing services and processes, such as discontinuing or restarting a service without needing to connect to the server.
- VPS Resource Monitoring – monitoring the usage of the VPS resources – processor, memory, and disk space.
- VPS Backup/Restore – backing up and restoring a server.
- VPS Repair – rebooting the server in Repair Mode.
- VPS Re-install – a clean install of the server, from scratch.
- VPS Actions Log – watching the VPS activity log in order to monitor warnings, as well as a variety of system events.
- VPS File Manager – uploading and downloading files from and to the server.